Here is some information relating to outdoor P.E.
The intention is to deliver lessons to the pupils in the school grounds even if the weather is wet. We will be playing games, taking part in various sports and learning about ways to keep out bodies fit and healthy in the ‘Great Outdoors’.
For pupils to be able to participate fully, it is very important for them to come prepared.
Pupils will need the following items for Outdoor P.E if the lessons are to be fun and provide opportunities for the pupils to develop their skills fully-
- A warm jumper, cardigan, fleece jacket or hoody.
- A waterproof jacket.
- A pair of old trainers which the children will not mind getting muddy/ wet.
- A hat and gloves in really cold weather.
- A pair of tracksuit bottoms that the children will not mind getting ‘mud spattered’ or ‘rain spattered’.
- A change of dry socks for the children to put on once they are back in the school all dry and cosy.
As a matter of interest, the documentation from ‘Education Scotland’, the governing body of Scottish Education Outcomes and Experiences states that-
‘There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing.’
Please help your child come prepared for Outdoor P.E so they can maximise their level of enjoyment in the academic year ahead.