For safety reasons we ask that you do not drop your child off at the main car park gate. There are allocated safe walkways for children being dropped off at the parents’ car park at the top of the hill. Thank you.
The PE days for each class have been decided and are as follows:
- P1a (Mrs St John/Miss Girvan) – Tuesday (outdoor) & Wednesday
- P1b (Mrs Bryce/Mrs Bamford) – Tuesday & Wednesday (outdoor)
- P2a (Mrs MacKay) – Wednesday (outdoor) & Friday
- P2b (Mrs Riddell/Miss Sneddon) – Tuesday & Wednesday (outdoor)
- P3 (Miss McGhee) – Thursday & Friday (outdoor)
- P4/3 (Mrs Hutchison) – Wednesday & Friday (outdoor)
- P4 (Miss Steel/Mrs Carton) – Wednesday (outdoor) & Thursday
- P5/4 (Mrs MacDonald) – Tuesday (outdoor) & Wednesday
- P5 (Miss Clemente) – Tuesday (outdoor) & Wednesday
- P6/5 (Miss Brown/Miss McLellan) – Wednesday & Friday (outdoor)
- P6 (Miss MacDonald) – Tuesday & Thursday (outdoor)
- P7a (Miss Conway/Mrs Steel) – Tuesday (outdoor) & Thursday
- P7b (Mrs Stirrat/Mrs White) – Monday (outdoor) & Friday
For Indoor PE, your child will need a t-shirt, shorts and will wear their indoor (gym) shoes.
For Outdoor PE your child will need trousers, a t-shirt, a waterproof jacket and trainers (and a plastic bag for putting them when dirty).
Outdoor PE WILL take place when it is rainy/cold so please make sure your child has appropriate clothing.
For safety reasons please make sure your child is not wearing jewellery on their PE days.
What a fantastic first day back today! The children were all looking so smart in their uniforms and it was lovely to see their smiling faces this morning! Once we have all the photo permission forms signed and returned we will begin putting photos on Twitter and the website of them working hard!
Please follow us on twitter @ladywellps for regular updates, news, photos, etc.
The Ladywell staff have been in school getting everything ready for the new session and we’re looking forward to having the pupils back with us tomorrow (Tuesday 18th August)! We will see you tomorrow morning at 8.55am ready to get going!
- Reports went out on Monday – please fill in and return the feedback form to your child’s teacher.
- Classes for 2015/16 – classes are being worked on just now. We can’t tell anyone their class or teacher at the moment but you will find out soon.
- Ladywell’s Got Talent, Friday 19th June – hope all our acts are rehearsing – we can’t wait!
- Break a leg to Braidhurst High for their ‘Back to the 80s’ show this week – we can’t wait to see it on Thursday!
- Letters have been sent home about lunches next Thurs (the last day). If you would like a lunch that day it MUST be pre-ordered.
We will continue to keep you updated regularly over the next week.
The PTA and everyone at Ladywell would like to thank you for making the Summer Fayre a massive success. Despite the shocking weather, we managed to raise a fantastic £1851.49!!
Sports Day was a huge success this morning. We are so proud of how hard the pupils worked to get House Points. They were definitely giving 100%! Well done Ladywell!
We hope to have our Sports Day on Tuesday 16th June (2nd choice Wednesday 17th June) depending on the weather. The events will start at 9.45am and continue over interval until approximately 11.30am. The children will be in house teams of mixed stages for the Potted Sports events and will complete 10 activities as a team. Points will go towards the end of term House Award and there will also be awards for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams. This year, we will also be having some competitive races for each year group.
The children should wear shorts, a t-shirt and trainers. They can come to school wearing their casual clothes. If we are lucky and it’s a very hot day, please remember to put sun cream on your child and encourage them to wear a hat. Children should bring their water bottles to take outside and a snack for after the activities. For safety reasons no jewellery is permitted.
All parents and friends are welcome to come along, however, as the children will be involved in activities for the duration of the event they will have to remain with their team at all times. We look forward to seeing you – we’re sure it will be a great day!